- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
The Engineering Manager (Avionics) reports directly to the Director of Engineering Services.
- Avionics and Electrical system modification design.
- Understanding commercial aviation operations, especially flight operations and their marketplace. Knowledge of Canadian, American and European airspace operational rules as they affect avionics equipage.
- Familiarity with the practical uses of communications, navigation and surveillance (CNS) commercial avionics. Familiarity with a broad range of legacy and current CNS COTS avionics.
- Avionics and Electrical system modification airworthiness certification.
- Supervision, on the job training and mentoring of subordinate designers and Engineers.
- Engineering project management – monitoring and control of project scope, time and cost.
- Planning and estimation of Avionics and Electrical system modification project engineering scope, time and cost to support sales proposal activities.
- Communication and coordination with internal and external stakeholders of modification projects.
Key Performance Indicators / Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to motivate design team to achieve project goals within scope, time and cost parameters.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively and proactively with management, subordinates and project stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous modification projects amidst changing company priorities.
- Ability to provide supervision, on the job training and mentoring to subordinate designers and Engineers.
- Ability to project a professional appearance and demeanor in all interactions to represent the company in a positive light.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Ten years of experience designing and certifying avionics modifications on FAR 23/25/27/29 aircraft.
- Completion of an avionics or electrical engineering degree or avionics or electrical engineering technology diploma.
- Membership in a professional engineering or engineering technology organization (APEGA or ASET).
- Existing Transport Canada airworthiness delegation in Avionics / Electrical Systems or eligible for delegation upon application to Transport Canada.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in system safety / functional hazard assessment / analysis and formal FAR 25.1309 analysis training.
- Competence on MS Office suite.
- Competence with AutoCAD an asset.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!