- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Avmax Group Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including an optimal benefits plan and pension plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participating in negotiation of transactions, amendments, reporting and compliance requirements.
- Provide structuring input on letters of intent and term sheets.
- Develop contracts, subcontracts, and lease agreement documents through co-ordination with outside legal counsel to maximize financial outcomes and business objectives.
- Participate with outside counsel in the negotiation of contractual obligations with owners and counsel as well as working with third party financiers, regulatory agencies, title company, and/or the coordinator of the financial closing of transactions.
- Ensure appropriate level of traceability with regard to contractual back-up documentation required for transaction review/approval purposes and compliance to Corporate Policy.
- Provide continual oversight to ensure that all terms and conditions are met in the execution of contracts and agreements.
- Develop and integrate contract management tools, templates and processes for contract effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participate in the analysis, negotiation and execution of aircraft and engine mortgages, purchase/sale agreements, financing assignments, leases, extensions, inductions and returns to support long-term financing and fleet planning requirements
- Recommend and implement procedural changes to ensure best practices in corporate governance, employment and labour areas, risk and compliance, reporting requirements, acquisitions and general liability.
- 3 - 5 years' work experience in Corporate/Commercial//Leasing/Finance/Law
- Practical experience should be supported by an appropriate education such as Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Bachelor of Commercial Aviation Management (B.ACS.) from an accredited university, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in international and commercial aviation contractual instruments and their terms and conditions and be familiar with IR, TC, FAA and EASA regulations in relation to contract development.
- Possess the aptitude to quickly understand our clients business and operational activities and capabilities.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English and ideally a second language and be able to adapt to rapid changes in a positive manner and work to tight deadlines.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism with external customers (industry professionals and high net worth individuals), peers, senior management, all in an active and dynamic environment.
- Be resourceful with a flexible outlook, have the ability to multi-task in order to handle competing priorities and be able to fit in to an international dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
- Possess strong administrative skills (time management, prioritization skills, multifunctional, task oriented, detailed and meticulous in approach).
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills .
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven leadership skills with experience supervising, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Airline/aviation experience strongly preferred.
Avmax Group Inc. is dedicated to, and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all of our employees. Avmax Group Inc. has specific policies in place to prevent discrimination in our hiring practices on the basis of the protected grounds dictated by Canadian legislation. In order to be in compliance with the law, employees must be legally eligible to work in Canada.